06 May, 2006

Regarding Crowd

LiveJournal Post.

This is an addendum to the previous post.

So, I got this PM on The Forge from John Kirk who's working on Gnostigmata(he's currently looking for playtesters), in response for me trying to get him to playtest Cranium Rats since as you can see from the last post we CSI Game designers are the most suited people to help one another:

"Guy, I'm sorry I've got to turn you down. It has taken me many months to convince my group to try out Gnostigmata. And, in fact, it has taken me a couple of years to warm them up to play-testing some new concepts for Legendary Quest. I truly wish they were more amenable to such things, so that I could offer to help other gamers try out their stuff, but it's just not in the stars.

I wish I knew why so many gamers are so reluctant to try out new things. :-/"


My reply to him was as follows:

"One last thing, the thing about CSI Games is that you should test them with card and board-gamers.

As Ron said, it's at all surprising RPers of mainstream are even willing to try narrative games. Need to branch out to non-RPers :)"


Role-players tend to stick with what they know, RPGs, when Sorcerer came Ron directed it at those who did not have fun with what they did before, those outside of the "mainstream" of RPGs, it was a surprise to him that some of them(us) even took to it and tried to understand.

Now I think the same is happening with CSI Games, you have a better chance getting it playtested with card/board gamers than with role-players.

No comments: